Followers

Saturday, August 24, 2013

It's the Little Things


Hello everyone! Thank you so much for dropping by today.  I truly appreciate every single visit and every comment.  Today, it is time for a new challenge over at Fashionable Stamping Challenge with a new theme of "Sew Sew." I must confess, I am at the beach and do NOT have my duffle bag with me.  I thought I would be heading home sooner and because we had company did not plan to craft while away.  A trip to our local craft store allowed me to scoop up the bare essentials to create my card.  The focal image is by Inkidinkado and I truly do love it.  The dress was water colored with a Broken China Distress Marker and the edges were torn and distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  The measuring tape by 7 Gypsies was stamped with Bundled Sage Distress Ink. Bits of ribbon, decorative fabric trim and lace and some Baker's Twine complete my card.  You will most certainly want to stop over to see what the rest of the Design Team has dreamed up to inspire you and join us in welcoming Laura to our Design Team family.  We look forward to seeing your creations, too, and remember one lucky participant will win a $20 gift voucher from our ever generous sponsor, FlonzCraft! Best wishes, Yvonne

17 comments:

Ink Art Designs said...

Hi Yvonne. Lucky you to be in the sun...it is sooo wet here. This is such a beautiful card, and I'm with you, this image is gorgeous! And those buttons are a great find!!!
Dot x

Brenda Brown said...

Beautifully put together Yvonne, I would never known you weren't in your craft room.
hugs {brenda} x0x

Claire said...

Gorgeous card, love all the layering it gives the impression of lots of lovely fabric. I too would never have guessed you were away from all your craft supplies, you've done an amazing job. hope you're having fun at the beach
Claire xx

Marina said...

I had to zoom in on those trims and borders to see how you'd put it together. Beautiful! Marina

Jenny Marples said...

Lovely card with so many yummy elements Yvonne. Hugs, Jenny x

Sophie said...

Klasse Yvonn,
das ist eine herrliche Karte.
Ich liebe dieses Thema, und du hast tolle Ideen umgesetzt.

Einen schönen Sonntag noch...

Shirley said...

How elegant does that stamped image look Yvonne. Wish you hadn't shown it because I need to put it on my wish list now. Stunning little number.

Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

Mrs.B said...

Wonderful card Yvonne, especially as you're away from home. Love the image and the layout, fabulous.
Avril xx

Esther said...

Gorgeous card Yvonne - like the others I would never have guessed you were without supplies !! loving all the details and layers..Esther xx

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty Yvonne.
Wishes
Lynne

Michelle said...

Oh! I like this one too! :)

You have such a talent for combining elements. Awesome!

Sandra's Spot said...

A very pretty card, love the layers and colours as well as those scrummy trims. Sandra X

Ellie Knol said...

Beautiful card, beautiful stamps you've used, you made a beautiful collage of all the elements!

Fliss said...

This is really gorgeous Yvonne and love that mannequin. Beautiful embellishing too.
xx

Words and Pictures said...

Gorgeous card, Yvonne - love the torn edge layered with those zigzag borders and the gingham check... so much for the eye to enjoy. Fabulous central image, and those little buttons are adorable!
Alison x

Pia S said...

WOW - this is so pretty, Yvonne! Can't believe how I could miss this one earlier... Fab colors for a vintage look and love your new stamps!

Terry said...

Very pretty and classy card! Love the layers and that pop of blue in the dress - priceless!